- This event has passed.
Threats and challenges to rule of law in Europe (European Movement International)
17/11/2021, 11:15 am - 12:30 pm
Online panel event hosted by the European Movement International.
- Beatrix Benczur – President, European Values Association Hungary
- Brando Benifei MEP (S&D),Vice President of the European Movement International
- Daniel Freund MEP (Group of the Greens/EFA)
- Vladimir Međak, Vice-President, European Movement Serbia
- Marcin Święcicki, President, European Movement Poland
Moderated by Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International
At a time when Europe is confronted with breaches of the rule of law, its toolbox to address such challenges is being put to the test. Ever since the initiation of the European project, the rule of law has formed a cornerstone of the European construction and is one of the founding principles of our Union. On several occasions, however, Member State and non-Member State governments have been undermining the rule of law in their own jurisdictions.
The panelists will share their views on the challenges and state of the rule of law in Europe and how they can foster citizen engagement and change.
More details, social media broadcasting links and registration here.