Donations and appeals
Many international organisations and charities working on the ground in Ukraine have
• The British Red Cross Ukrainian Crisis Appeal
• UNICEF appeal to protect Children affected by the Ukraine crisis
• UN High Commissioner for Refugees – humanitarian assistance, emergency shelter, and relief
items like blankets. It will also fund psychological support for refugees.
• Care International UK is raising funds for delivering food and water to Ukraine
• International Rescue Committee is raising money to fund their humanitarian teams on the
ground in Poland helping Ukrainian refugees
• OutRight International is raising money to support LGBTIQ Ukrainians
• The Ukrainian Institute has more
Petitions and lobbying
• Settled, an organisation dedicated to helping EU citizens to stay in the UK after Brexit is asking
people to write to their local MP. They are urging the government to unblock the pathway for
Ukrainians to join EU citizen family members settled in the UK. Their statement can be found
on Facebook and Twitter. You can find the contact details for your local MP here.
• There are several live petitions on the UK Parliament Website, this one calls for visa
requirements for Ukrainian refugees to be removed to ensure safe passage.
• And this one from European Movement International on European/universal values at stake
Local appeals for clothing and bedding
Many local organisations and community groups will be running appeals for items to be taken to
the front line such as clothing, bedding, and sanitary items. We would advise that you ensure
that you make contact with local groups and check that they are still accepting donations.
You can find your local branch of the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain here. AUGB is the
largest representative body for Ukrainians and those of Ukrainian descent in the UK. They will be
able to help with any local information. Please consider that this will be a very busy and
emotional time for Ukrainian community groups so please be patient and assist where you can.
If you do not have a AUGB branch in your area many Polish community groups are assisting with
appeals and collections. You can find contact detail for Polish organisations in the UK here.
Other ways to support
The Ukrainian crisis is a fast-moving situation. As more ways become available to support those
affected are required we will update this briefing. Other updates will be made available by the